SMELLS OF SIENA
I woke up today, and made my bed,
then I went to breakfast and was happily fed.
I brushed my teeth, heard caterina make some kind of fuss,
which then lead me to leave fast and catch my bus.
On the bus, I had to hold my breath
because some of the guys really smelt like death.
I thought to myself: “no, no, no, NO!
and wondered if they could smell their own putrid B.O.?
Unfortunately the smell kept getting stronger
and my bus ride seemed to only get longer.
The bus was soon packed for it was rush hour you see,
and somehow the B.O. smell seemed to follow me.
My stop finally came, I rushed out with glee;
I skipped up and down—at last I was free!
My face no longer needed to be in my sleeve
Hip hip hooray I could finally breathe!
I was now on my way but then I walked by a bloke,
who was deeply puffing out smelly nicotine smoke.
I breathed in and smelt a little too late and
found myself coughing, oh what fate.
I walked by a bakery selling fresh bread,
it smelt so divine it went to my head.
I smelt the gelato all creamy and cold,
walked by the best fruit stand of which I was told.
I enjoyed the aroma of all these good things
and thought what great foods Siena brings
Later that day I sat in the pub,
getting free WIFI with other weird grubs.
The smell of the beer and coffee was in all the rooms,
too many smells, to many fumes.
On the bus ride home, I sat down and said,
“if I smell anything more I will surely be dead.
And then not one, not two, but three men got on,
I stiffened and thought something is wrong.
I said to myself “do I dare? Should I now really risk breathing in the air?”
As I did, I knew the horrible ‘it’ was back!
The B.O. smell was strong and in full attack.
Thought I would change my blog up a bit and give you all a break from my usual writing patterns. I wrote this poem while I was sitting in my room debating whether I should go to bed or do homework. Obviously I did neither. Enjoy!
2 comments:
wow, this is now my favorite poem of all time. you rock!!!
oh I love your random outburts of creativity! I told a guy about our pedro+metz experience with "it's business time!" and totally had another missing-my-roomie momento. So I decided to catch up on your blog tonight while I listen to your fabulous CD that I finally got from Miriam! Thanks and love! Hope you enjoy conference this weekend!
Post a Comment