Dear Blog,
The end is near... and I find I am trying to find something within myself to cling onto and hold because I feel like I am going to lose something, or have a large void, which I know is inevitable. Home is near, and for that I am decidedly happy, but try as I might, I cannot find the best way to say goodbye to Italy. Finishing up school with finals gets a little crazy and busy which frustrates me in some ways because it is harder to enjoy my last few days in Siena. Today seven girls and I had a L.I.F.E. club meeting. Some girls put it together a couple weeks ago and basically just have a deep discussion once a week on life. I went for the first time and had the best of time. We talked about our experience for two hours in a small café with hot chocolate and pastries. It was such a fun, and neat experience for me to hear and share our thoughts on leaving. I love that we all are so different yet become the same when it comes to what we want out of life, and who we now want to become when we come home.
Then we had free gelato because one of the gelato shops had a free gelato day because it was the last day in business this season. The weather is getting too cold for it to stay open. Our life club has come up with a most ingenious idea. This Sunday we will sit in the Campo and write a letter to our self about life and who we know we want to be now, and when we get home. At some time in our life we could forget or lose sight of this and will always be good to know that we knew at one time exactly who we wanted to be. After writing it we will send it home so that when we arrive home, we will have a letter come later that week. A little present to ourselves, reminding us to keep up the new change.
Yesterday I turned in my four art papers, and final project. I was so relieved to get it all finished. I also watched some Pride and Prejudice on youtube with Sharlie instead of studying for Italian and Humanities. After an hour I started to worry (typical) and got my notes out to review. The good thing about Shar and me is that we balance each other out. I worry, she doesn’t. Therefore we find a good middle ground and help each other out. She puts things to the last minute, I don’t, so we end up getting it done it a good amount of time. I will really miss that girl! She has been such fun and I will always love the memories we made.
While we studied at eleven we started getting a little slap happy and because of my feeling a wee bit stressed my hard laughter turned into a bit of a cry/laugh fest. It was quite entertaining.
FINALS are OOOVVVERRRR! WHOOOO!
That was a literal shout I did after I finished. Life is good.
I pity BYU students at this very moment thinking about how hard finals are for them back at home. We are all going to climb the tower that all graduating students do here in Siena. (for some reason we got a Dante Alighieri Diploma..?) It will be very exciting! I am off to the tower! Ciao!
1 comment:
BABE!!! I want to join your LIFE club. I remember those moments of leaving a study abroad so well. How do you say goodbye to a place you love so much? I still haven't figured it out. But I think this blog that you've kept will be so incredible in keeping your memories fresh. And you could put together such a cool scrapbook - in the best sense of the word, like the old fashioned scrapbooks that Polly, an old-fashioned girl would have :)Can't wait to see you!!!!
Post a Comment