Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dating.


I don't understand the whole dating thing. I know right off the bat if I'm interested in someone, and I don't want them to waste their money on me and take me out to eat if I know I'm not interested in that person. I half agree with this statement.  I would also agree that attraction is not a choice. Whatever happened to the old hollywood movie scenario where the charming man sees the heroine, falls madly in love with her and charismatically woo her till they were tangled in a wonderful mess of love, and adoration. This does not seem to be the case nowadays. (yes, I still believe old hollywood movies really captured how romance is, or should be.)
Of course, there are many silly mishaps along the way, yet true love prevails with many moments of suspense, and excitement. 
Have I ever mentioned that I absolutely abhor blind dating.. or even being 'set up'. This is not my forte and I feel extremely uncomfortable being involved in this situation. This week two unfortunate events happened to me, that involve two set ups and no way of getting out. My first initial reaction was horrified- which quickly grew to panic- which then had me in tears for sometime. Why may you ask- well I can't really explain as to why. I do know that only getting 3 hours of sleep the night before due to homework, and a weight of stress on my shoulders does not add to the situation I was unknowingly, and unwillingly put in. 
Know this now: ASK ME before you give any guy MY number. 
If you do not, know that I will feel violated, uncomfortable, and gloomy. Not a good combination for me. So out of respect to me, don't put me in this position without my knowledge. 
Now, I want to explain to you now who my type is as there has been many questions asked on what it is. No one quite knows (I am still trying to figure it out myself) but I have a general Idea.  
I like taller men--6 feet and up I find attractive. 
I don't really care what hair color- but lately I find golden blonde most handsome. 
Good teeth
Good nose
Not Bulky strong- lean strong. 
Dashing, charming, Outgoing, Happy, thoughtful, hard-worker, Laughs a lot, smart, loves big families,a bit quirky, surprising, and loves to travel.  (LDS of course).
I know I am not perfect, and I am working on a lot of these traits because how can I attract this man, if I don't possess them. Know that I am not expecting perfect- but someone trying to be better. This is my type- if you are still confused watch any Cary Grant movie and that pretty much describes 'my type'.   
I am going to add some more lovely, old hollywood romance pictures. These are some of my favorite. 
(by the way, can you tell I am doing anything possible so I don't have to do homework!)




1 comment:

jowo said...

Well, little Cailey Coo, I think Hollywood is still very much alive and well and in love with Heroin. Perhaps you meant Heroine? If you ever figure out this dating thing let me know. I could use the tips (providing I ever go on a date again--I just cancelled one--the first one in 4 years--last Saturday because I'd rather go to stake conference. Guess he wasn't tall enough, etc. etc.