Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Greg Miller






























































Greg Miller is an Artist I adore.
Greg Miller is a modern-day pop artist determined to document the disappearing cultural landscape of America. Through his vision, the elusive eye of a pinup and the reassuring wink of an alienated hero are preserved. He prevents the weathered words of old roadside billboards from continued fading. Nostalgic portraits of true romance and simple beauty are given eternal emotion. Image meets language in Miller’s art as though John Steinbeck and Ansel Adams were conjoined twins. Or, as Miller says more succinctly, “They left me behind to tell the story. Whoever THEY are. My paintings are edgy with sexy smeared all over them.”
“I’ve got a lot of stories left to tell and a lot of stuff to paint. I don’t even know if I’ll get it done in my time here,” he admits. “It’s never been about being famous or rich for me. When it’s all said and done, I want to have made a body of paintings that will have turned people on, so they can see what I’ve done and say, ‘He came to play.’”

Enjoy!

No comments: