Friday, October 29, 2010

Fall semester of senior year

Okay, I know. I have been a total SLACKER on the blogging. I sincerely apologize. It's just that life this semester has been crazy. I mean really busy. And not that I don't have time to do fun things (I have) but I seem to forget to blog. I used to blog incessantly but obviously that has stopped. So here goes... a recap of my life up to now. My last fall semester as a student of BYU. I am a senior!! Can you believe it? I used to say that I could not wait to be done. As much as I am excited to finish, life beyond college intimidates me. I have to be a big girl. I am taking some classes I adore, and some I abhor. Do I sometimes skip my soil science class? yes. All the time. Do I spend too much time rendering for design? Yes. All the time. Am I going to regret what I do? No. Simply put I have senioritus. Ah well. Next semester will be so great. Finishing my minor (landscape design) and taking German cinema, Cross country skiing, and weight training. After this Semester I am done with my major and GE's. Wonderful! But sad that my design classes will be over.

I ran my 3rd half marathon September 11th. It was hard but worth it. Lets just say it was up the mountain in draper, down the other side, and back up to the finish line. DEATH. It was a good ending to the season though. Can't wait for spring again! Bring on 1/2 marathon #4!!

Life has been really good though. Met a wonderful boy. It may or may not have been a very rough start but it has smoothed out to be so great! (p.s. His name is Bradley).
My best friend left on her Mission a few days ago. I was in denial for quite some time and the reality hit me the second she was set apart as a missionary. When the stake President gave her the blessing and said the words, I felt happy but miserable. It was weird. I knew she was leaving for 18 months and while I'm proud of her, I am also feeling left out. Dropping her off at the MTC (mission training center) I cried all the way to my plants class. Some of my school mates stared at my red eyes. oooooover it.
Speaking of my plants class -- it's love. Quite honestly, I love, love, love my minor. Outdoor nature and design! Couldn't be better! We are learning all about indoor plants and each lab we make a design with the indoor plants. I take them home and now my apartment is a greenhouse. I am up to 6 bigger plants placed around the apartment.
My sister and bro-in-law moved back to Utah and they brought their son (duh), my nephew with them! I love going over to see them and be with more family!!
This year I have gone to more football games and had a blast with a dear friend of mine. Alexa, you are hilarious, and we always have the best of times. Plus we discovered an amazing restaurant that we fell in love with. Can we go again please??!?!
I cannot wait to come home for Thanksgiving! It will be soooo nice to get away from school. Granted I will have lots of homework because somehow BYU thinks they need to be prestigious and demand higher expectations than other colleges but to be honest... I like that I go to a university that demands this of me. Graduating from BYU means that I survived one of the many demanding, prestigious schools (yay for me). By the way-- I applied for graduation yesterday! Craaazy. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Anyway, Life is great. But busy. I have had lots of fun, and lots of stressful times. Did I study in the library Friday and Saturday till midnight a few weeks ago? Yes. But luckily I have the best friends who joined me and we all studied together.
That's it for now!
Stay tuned for pictures!

No comments: