I cannot thank E.M. Forster enough for writing great, and short stories that entertain all who read. I found an English book store the other day and bought two books. Northanger Abby- Jane Austen and Where angels fear to tread EM Forster. I started Forsters book and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. It takes place in Italy, right outside of Siena so that is fun to read about. Phillip one of the characters says to Lilia, "Italy is the school as well as the playground of the world." I wholeheartedly agree with that statement!
Today our phonetic class started. A famous acting coach in Rome is doing an experiment and chose the Dante Alighieri University to come once a week for three hours and work on pronunciation with beginning Italian speakers. So we were the prime choice and had our first lesson today. I admit, if felt more like Yoga since we had to be on the floor with our eyes closed focusing on our breathing and such. Then we had to imagine we were a strand of grass and had to move like the grass in the wind. Same of the clouds and the sea. It brought back terrible memories of being in TNT drama class. But Our pronunciation of the A- U-E really improved. We have three more lessons with this man. He always has a wad of spit on the side of his mouth, smells like a heavy smoker, and thinks you pronounce the word 'breath' as birth. So every time he tells us to take a deep, heavy birth, and internalize it I use all my strength not to bust up laughing.
Oh Italy! I have made some good memories and am really starting to feel sad that I am leaving so soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment