Dear Blog,
Being sick has its benefits. Sleeping in, getting a lot, if not too much attention and taken constant care of, plus uninterrupted leisure time to read a book. I caught a deep chest cold that came on fast which enabled me to cozy up in my small quilt and newest friend Northanger Abbey and read till two, and finally decided I had to part from my book for twenty minutes to shower and get ready. I finished the book on the bus ride over to the main square and was a little put out that I could not share my excitement with the world of Catherine Morland and Henry Tilney’s beautiful love story! Mr. Tilney’s character really captured my heart and I feel it my new mission in life to find a modern Henry Tilney, and marry him. I know he exists, and I will not stop looking till I find him.
Due to my cold I missed the chocolate festival in Perugia. I was really looking forward to it but because I was sick and the weather was awful it would have been a little bit unpleasant. Sharlie went and she was so sweet to bring back some souvenirs and such for me. I even got a Milka chocolate-cow-horn-paper-hat! I guess it was handed out at the festival. I love Chocolate!
I had another great Saturday chatting with quite a few of my dear friends on Skype. I love hearing from you so you who don’t have skype, get it and we will chat away. (It is free.).
There was a soccer game that night and as I was walking out of the pub (after talking with people on skype) I saw every teenage boy that existed in Siena standing on a wall looking over a railing. They were all watching the game that was down in the stadium. It was hilarious and I wish I had had my camera to document it. My dad so kindly reminded me that I only have 26 more days left in Italy! And only 20 in Siena! So I am coming up with a list of things to do. I will do one each day, equaling to twenty.
1. Finally try pistachio gelato. Everyone loves it but I just cannot get myself to try it.
2. Visit a mass in San Domenico
3. Climb tower in Siena
4. Have a picnic in the Medieval gardens
5. Enjoy the sun in the Campo
6. Visit the Medici fortress gardens
7. Say Ciao to Antonio (my bus crush)
8. Run to the Market
9. Press a flower for my journal
10. Buy Contrada Istriche stuff
11. Try a CafĂ© d’orzo (Barley drink. I heard it was good.)
12. Eat at alla Speranza
13. Carry a conversation with Caterina longer than 3 minutes.
14. Be on time for the bus
15. Learn the whole theme song to my favorite Italian Soap Opera ‘Un posto al Sole’
16. Buy cute flats
17. Make four grumpy Italians smile
18. Explore outer skirts of Siena
19. Get one more artwork on the art ‘Wall’
20. See Mamamia! in theathers with Sharlie
No comments:
Post a Comment