Thursday, October 30, 2008

Put Your Apron On and Get Cookin'

ITALIAN (secret) RECIPES

:::PRIMO::::
Tortellini


I have a Tortellini secret I would like to share with you. Remember, this is an Italian secret, and I would hate to be the one to tell too many people but I feel the need to share with the few that read my blog what I have just learned.
Find an Italian market that sells great Tortellini--then continue with this recipe. [Otherwise you will automatically fail the recipe.]
Follow the steps and you will have an amazing dinner prepared:
Step one-Boil the tortellini with water and oil. Make sure they are a little undercooked.
Step two- In a lot of oil fry the tortellini just enough till you have some browned edges.
Step three- Sprinkle cinnamon (just a pinch) all over and Presto!

Easy, fast, and exceptionally delicious.


:::DOLCE::::
The Sugared Apple

This was such a warm, flavorful treat that again, I write this down and it will only benefit those who read this blog (hint, hint).
1.Take apples and dip each one in water.
2. Then dip each apple into cinnamon and sugar so that the apple is covered.
3. Put all apples on baking sheet and put in oven. (temperature for oven is unknown. It could the the same as if one was cooking a potato I think)
4. Cook until apples are sizzling. (golden brown)
5. Let cool for 15 minutes
6. Bite into the apple by holding the step and bottom of apple,
Chew. Eat. Enjoy.


Note: Listen to some Italian music and use words such as “Mamamia” & “Presto!” while making the meal. (adds some real authenticity to the experience.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have to make us an awesome italian meal when we get home for thanksgiving!