Tuesday, April 20, 2010

wasting my time blogging.

Well Bloggers,
It has been awhile. And sad to say, this post is not because I have so much to tell you... rather it is to escape from studying and say nothing of importance at all. My finals this semester have been rough. Not just because memorizing four months worth of material is time consuming, but because my body and mind literally REFUSE to focus. This makes studying very difficult for me. I wake up each morning with a determination to study hardcore and somehow-someway I just end up talking with roomies, cleaning, running, eating, singing, sleeping, and by the time I realize how much time I have wasted it is late and I end up at the library till 2 am. It is fun to be at the library because you see lots of people but still... I could have gotten much more done earlier in the day.
I had to pull an all nighter on Sunday, which really threw off my schedule and I cannot seem to recuperate from it. Monday I spent most of the night eating Kiwis, translating the word Delicacy into German and French, Italian, and Spanish, and talking with a good friend on my roof last night. Tuesday I have spent most of the day trying to study. But that hasn't turned out well. Instead I called my mom, talked to my roommate Morgan, ate and day dreamed. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? My final exam grade will determine my overall grade for most of my classes... so why am I not stressing?
I guess I have the Costa Rican mentality: Pura Vida.

3 comments:

jowo said...

Ah, the art of procrastination...finely tuned and well-admired in our family

Morgan Laree said...

haha we had such a HARD time focusing! But you did very well! And, you have to admit, we DID have fun.. And now finals are behind us! Or.. two months on the horizon :(

Karli said...

I love you Caye ;) Seems like finals week turns out like that all too often. I want to be that friend on the roof with you asap.