Friday, May 21, 2010

Notewriter: 30x you made my day.

Relapse. Replay. Regress. Reverse. Remember.

I just found about 30 notes written on small squares of paper. They were written by someone I really cared about--someone I was falling for-- not too long ago. I was cleaning my room and opened up a small drawer where they all resided. I had completely forgotten about these notes which had once made my day. Each week I got one of these notes delivered to me and I would laugh, smile and secretly cherish the words written. Some were inside jokes. Some had words of affirmation. Some were simply a joke. And some were words of admiration. I just sat in my room reading the notes smiling but found myself sadly reminiscent of the memories each note entailed.

To the note writer (and you know who you are): I miss you.

No comments: